The purpose of the Greater Pensacola Seminole Club (GPSC) is to provide an opportunity to all of the Seminole Fans to expand their network and knowledge of all that Florida State University (FSU) stands for. The club is also essential in promoting the needs of the University through scholarships, recognition awards, and other community projects. All Alumni, Boosters and/or Foundation of FSU in Escambia and/or Santa Rosa Counties in good standing are considered members of the club.
About Our Scholarship
The Greater Pensacola Seminole Club encompass the Seminole Spirit awarding scholarships for students exemplifying academic strength (VIRES), artistic skill (ARTES), and exceptional character (MORES). The purpose of this scholarship is to award two (2) well- deserving students funding towards the payment of their undergraduate studies (graduate studies are excluded). The total amount of the scholarship is $750 (maximum) per student, totaling $1500.00.
Funds are disbursed as a one-time payment payable to the student to be used towards university fees and books.
- Be a graduating senior from an Escambia or Santa Rosa County high school
- Be a US Citizen and a Florida Resident
- Enroll at Florida State in the 2020-21 school year as a full-time (minimum 12 credit hours) student.
- Submit a completed GPSC Scholarship Application (attached)
- Complete the essay question (attached)
- Provide academic transcript with application (high school and any dual enrollment courses)
- Note: Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, unofficial transcripts will be accepted. Likewise, if you are unable to provide a final transcript, please provide the transcript sent with your application to FSU and any subsequent documentation (report cards, etc) demonstrating your academic performance.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from someone well acquainted with you (but not related), preferably a recent teacher, coach, mentor, club monitor, or volunteer coordinator.
How to Apply
- Submit your completed application, essay, transcript and letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to put the applicant’s name in the subject line of the e-mail. Please provide all documents/attachments in a single e-mail for the applicant.
- Submit all required documents by June 20, 2020.
Click on the document link to download GPSC Scholarship Application. Save these files to your system so you will have a copy. Print these files, fill them out and be sure to include them with all materials detailed below.